Talk to an expert
Why should you continue to exercise throughout pregnancy?
- Improves body awareness, posture and co-ordination
- Prevents/reduces back and pelvic pain
- Supports your bladder and bowel function
- Maintains fitness and stability throughout pregnancy
- Prepares you for labour Helps speed up your recovery post-natally
- Increases self-esteem and confidence
Exercising safely during pregnancy has been shown to benefit both mum and baby. Clinical Pilates sessions run by a chartered physiotherapist during pregnancy can educate you about your posture and the changes your body will go through during pregnancy, providing a safe and effective way to remain active during pregnancy and after the birth of your child. The exercises focus on teaching you how to strengthen your pelvic floor and core muscles, in turn helping to reduce the incidence of back pain, pelvic pain, and stress incontinence. The sessions also focus on overall strength, flexibility, posture and fitness preparing you for the physical demands of giving birth.