Talk to an expert
How much do Steroid Injections cost?
Standard steroid injection £250 Advanced procedure £270
Hyaluronic acid Injections
Ostenil Plus £290 Durolane £335
The price for an Ultrasound-guided injection includes:
- Ultrasound scan and musculoskeletal assessment
- Prescription of Medicine (There is no need for a GP referral – we can do all of this in house for you)
- Ultrasound-guided Injection
- Report of assessment and scan findings and details of injection
- All injections are performed by highly experienced advanced physiotherapist with qualifications in diagnostic ultrasound and injection therapy and is an independent prescriber of medicines.
From Pain to Relief: Alex’s Journey with Steroid Injection Therapy
Not sure what a steroid injection entails? This video features a live steroid injection demonstration and an interview with Alex about his recent steroid injection experience.
The majority of our clients come to us from a recommendation, that says it all. We’ve grown into one of the most reputable clinics in the West End of London by putting our clients first.
Our ethos is to provide a cost effective solution, delivered by very experienced clinicians, so you have peace of mind. You can expect to be assessed, including an ultrasound scan, prior to performing an ultrasound-guided injection, all in one appointment.
What are the advantages of Ultrasound-Guided Steroid Injections?
Steroid injections are also known as corticosteroid injections and cortisone injections. The name comes from the powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient in the injection.
They are a synthetic version of the body’s own “glucocorticoids” that help regulate the inflammatory process. As they are a strong anti-inflammatory agent, if you inject this into a painful inflamed area it will usually help reduce pain and swelling giving great symptomatic relief. Steroid injections are an excellent treatment for Inflamed joints, tendon sheaths and for individuals with chronic joint pain conditions eg Inflammatory arthritis like Rheumatoid.
If you need pain relief in a joint or other area and the waiting times are too long in the NHS then we can help you today! Paying privately for these services at a private hospital is very costly. We offer a same-day cost-effective solution for you that includes an ultrasound scan and musculoskeletal assessment. We have a range of injection options that can be viewed here.
Using ultrasound guidance allows us to see exactly where the problem is and direct the injection to exactly the right location. Research shows that this significantly improves outcomes with these procedures and also allows us to use the lowest most effective dose. If injecting “blind” ie without ultrasound guidance there is a chance repeat injections may be required which is undesirable. Using the ultrasound to guide the injection also allows us to ensure we do not damage any other structures dueing the procedure, avoiding excessive tissue damage and pain.
What happens when I get a steroid injection?
- Assessment First we examine your area of pain and provide a preliminary diagnosis.
- Scan We then perform an Ultrasound Scan so we can assess the root of pain and see beneath the surface.
- Options We can then discuss the diagnosis and treatment options with you.
- Procedure If appropriate, there may be an injection that can reduce the pain and help you recover faster.
- Report We will provide you with a report of any procedures and findings for your GP or specialist. You will also be sent advice on aftercare of the condition.
You could consider having an injection of Corticosteroid if:
- You have severe joint pain eg Frozen shoulder or severe arthritis in a one of your joints
- You have a painful tendon sheath not responding to conservative treatments eg De Quervains.
What conditions can a steroid injection treat?
We can provide ultrasound-guided steroid injections for a wide range of conditions affecting the shoulder, Knee, wrist, elbow, hand, hip, and foot/ankle. You can find more information about our steroid injections here.
We are able to offer hyaluronic acid injections as well if we think that is better for you or we can combine the 2. You can read more about Hyaluronic acid injections here.
Your treating clinician will discuss the best possible treatment and or injection once they have assessed and performed an ultrasound scan of the condition.